Our conjoined twin girls Ava and Teagan were born March 15th 2011. They shared a heart and liver. They sadly passed away March 17th, 2011. We miss them dearly every single day.










Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blessed

In such tragedy its hard to see that you are also blessed.  Lately I have been having a very difficult time with the loss of our girls.  I think because of everything going on with me medically since (c-section, 2 other major surgeries on my abdomen and another surgery on my leg coming up) the loss of Ava and Teagan I really haven't been able to process everything.  I haven't accepted anything yet and haven't had time to grieve.  Today I was thinking a lot about my girls, as I do everyday, and thought how lucky I am that I was chosen to be the mother of these 2 beautiful girls.  Jason and I are so blessed that they are our babies.  I thank God every single day for them and letting us have 2 unforgettable days with them.  For letting us have the chance to hold them, see them move, see them cry (although we never heard it due to the vents) smell them, touch them, kiss them and just love them unconditionally.  I am glad that God chose us for these girls because we gave them every chance we could.  Although I prayed everyday for them to be ok I knew the chances of them living long were very slim but we still gave them the chance to live as long as God wanted them here.  There are many people that would have never done that.  For us, terminating my pregnancy was not an option.  They may have only been here for 2 short days but they never suffered, they never struggled, they were comfortable and loved beyond words.  We are blessed that we know that kind of love.   Mommy loves you sweet babies and I miss you every moment of every day!

No comments: