Our conjoined twin girls Ava and Teagan were born March 15th 2011. They shared a heart and liver. They sadly passed away March 17th, 2011. We miss them dearly every single day.










Thursday, September 15, 2011

6 months

6 month ago today Ava and Teagan were born.  Its hard to believe 6 months have gone by already.  Time goes by so fast but I feel like it was just yesterday I was holding them in my arms.  I want that memory to stay fresh in my mind forever. 


They should be 6 months old today.  They would be sitting and getting ready to start crawling.   They would be starting to eat yummy baby food.  They would be giggling all day long.  Babbling away to us.  Doing all the normal things babies do at 6 months.  That would be in a perfect situation with  2 healthy babies.  In the situation we were given they probably wouldn't be doing those things but they would just be here with us and that would be enough.


I always wonder what they would look like and what kind of personalities they would have.  I think they would have brown hair and dark complexions just like B and B.  I think they would have eyes like Brooklyn but blue!  I think they would have Braydens smile.  A good friend actually had a dream about them and said they were about 3 and had Braydens smile.  That's how she knew it had to be them in her dream!  I think Ava would be so sweet, calm, relaxed and laid back but sensitive.  She was very relaxed and when she would open her eyes she would just open them enough to peek out.  I think Teagan would be just as sweet but very curious and eager to be everywhere!  Every time she would open her eyes she would open them wide and take everything in.  I remember holding them in my arms the last hours of their life and she opened her eyes big and wide and just looked directly into mine.  Its a moment that still takes my breath away in a good way and a bad way.  It gives me butterflies to think about that moment.


Today the kids and I went to the cemetery and took along some roses to leave our sweet girls that we miss dearly.  Here is a picture of their markers with the roses.



No comments: