Our conjoined twin girls Ava and Teagan were born March 15th 2011. They shared a heart and liver. They sadly passed away March 17th, 2011. We miss them dearly every single day.










Monday, January 24, 2011

Some good news....given the situation

I was scheduled for an appointment tomorrow morning but this morning my doctors office called and asked me to come in today to get my ultrasound done to check on the babies lungs.  I was actually really glad because its been a long and rough week waiting for this.  I'm happy to say that as of right now everything is ok.  The fluid in her lungs has actually decreased a little.  That just means more time for these sweet girls to spend kicking around in my belly!  They sure do kick and move all over because they actually changed sides.  Baby A (who we decided is Ava) is normally on my right side but she is now on my left and Baby B (Teagan) is now on my right.  My dr was shocked!  She didn't think they would be able to move like that.  Well they sure did!  It was good because she was able to get views of their heart that she couldn't get before.  So for now things are going ok.  I'm going to be going to the doctor once a week now though for an ultrasound to check on them and watch that fluid.  I will take the good news for this week though.  Here are a few pictures of Ava.  The picture says Baby B because the girl doing my ultrasound didn't know that they had flipped like they did so she was going off how they are normally positioned.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had good news today. I love the pictures that you posted too. I am so glad you are good about updating your blog :)

itsmetrina said...

Yay for good news! Ava is beautiful :)