Our conjoined twin girls Ava and Teagan were born March 15th 2011. They shared a heart and liver. They sadly passed away March 17th, 2011. We miss them dearly every single day.










Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not so good news

So today I had another doctors appt to check up on our sweet girls.  Every time I go we have an ultrasound.  They check everything on them.  Check their growth (both are about 1lb 9oz now) check their heart of course, check my cervix and my amniotic fluid.  Cervix is good and long and amniotic fluid is good.  Unfortunately today we found out that one of the babies has fluid in her lungs.  My understanding is that the heart isn't pumping it out the way its suppose to.  I go back next Tuesday for another ultrasound to check the fluid.  If there is more we most likely need to deliver the babies.  If it is the same then it will be watched very carefully.  If it starts to increase then we have to think about delivering them.  My dr is also calling the cardiologist we see to get my appt with him moved up.  For now that is all we know.  This has been a really rough 5 1/2 weeks.  Its very hard to get through and very emotional.  Some days I don't know how I do it but I am managing.  Sweet Brookie and Brayden definitely help.  So does all the support from my amazing family and friends.  Thank you all so much.  It is very much appreciated. 

2 comments:

Lori Edwards said...

*hugs* :( you're doing an amazing job LaTonya.. you really are...

Anonymous said...

(sigh) i wish i could fix it all.
your strength is inspiring.
-alisha