Our conjoined twin girls Ava and Teagan were born March 15th 2011. They shared a heart and liver. They sadly passed away March 17th, 2011. We miss them dearly every single day.










Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank you

I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone for all the kind words you have left and all the prayers that are being said even by people that do not even know us.  It really means a lot to us to see all those that care for our sweet girls :)


Last Thursday my doctors office called and asked me if I could come back for another ultrasound.  My doctor had been talking to a doctor at Stanford that knows a lot about this.  He knew of a few cases that were very similar to how our babies heart is so he wanted to see more pictures and videos of their heart and the vessels coming from it.  My doctor said hopefully by him looking at it and having a few other cases to go by he can give us a better idea of what to expect for the babies once they are born.  Even if its to know what to do to make sure they are comfortable for whatever time they are here for it will be helpful to us. Im sure its impossible to ever find a case exactly like ours but every opinion counts.  I have an appointment with my doctor on January 4th so I will find out what he said then.  As for now I'm suppose to have an appointment next week with a cardiologist.  I'm just waiting for my doctors office to call and let me know when they set it up for.  Hopefully he can explain things to me better so I have a better understanding because to be honest last week was crazy.  3 days of doctors appointments with sooo much information being told to us was pure craziness.  I was emotional mess and really couldn't process it all.  Its been a rough 9 days but we are hanging in there.   For now I'm enjoying every movement I feel from them and trying not to think of what is to come.  I know I have to soon but for now I'm just going to enjoy what I have right now :)


Once again thank you to everyone....those we know and those we dont know...for all of the thoughts and prayers for our family.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Did you notice on Monday how i sitting a little close to you? i think i wanted to feel them move. :) i love you all so much! love and prayers!

LaTonya said...

Lol next time you can feel. They werent moving much that night. Now if I chow down on some hot wings it gets them going. I could SEE my belly moving last night lol