Our conjoined twin girls Ava and Teagan were born March 15th 2011. They shared a heart and liver. They sadly passed away March 17th, 2011. We miss them dearly every single day.










Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Few more updates

We had another appointment today with a doctor in the practice that deals with patients who have babies with heart defects or issues.  Another long ultrasound.  We were there for about 3 1/2 hours.  We found out that the babies don't have the total of 6 chambers they had thought yesterday but only 4.  There is also something with the vessels that pump blood from the heart that isn't right.  Its doing it but now how it typically does.  Something like that.  Its all so complicated and hard for me to explain so if I really don't make sense I'm sorry.  The way these sweet girls heart is it would be impossible to ever separate them and save one, which I couldn't even imagine having to go through. It will be extremely hard for the heart to work for both of them.  All very difficult things to hear but also things I already knew and expected. 


I had many questions for the doctor and will have many more along the way.  This is what the plan is to take care of me and our baby girls.  I will be seeing a cardiologist in a few weeks that will look at their hearts also to confirm all the findings.  I will be seeing 2 doctors every few weeks for now then once a week once we get closer.  One is the doctor that specialized in hearts and then a perintologist who will be the doctor that will deliver the babies.  How long I carry them just all depends on my health and how the babies are doing in there.  If anything happens with me they will deliver right away.  We just have to take it day by day and see how they are doing in there at each appointment.  Once they are here nothing is done above and beyond for them.  They will keep them comfortable and that is all.  All I want is for those sweet girls to be at peace and feel nothing but love.  That will not be a problem at all because we already love them very much!!


For now all I can do is cherish every single kick, punch, nudge or whatever it is there doing in there to me :)  Jason can sometimes feels them now too so he can enjoy that with me.


Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers for our family.


Sorry if I didn't make sense in some parts.  I just typed it and didn't think twice or go back over and read it. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

My heart is breaking for you. I am so touched by your strength and the love that you have for those sweet little girls. I am proud that you are my cousin. Sending so much love,hugs, and prayers your way.

Alisha said...

i agree with nicole. your strength amazes me. i am proud to have you as a friend.

LaTonya said...

Thank you both very much :)